Website Color Choice
Custom Built Websites – SEO – Rank Builder
Black – Represents power, sexuality, sophistication, formality, elegance, wealth, mystery, fear, evil, anonymity, unhappiness, depth, style, evil, sadness, remorse, anger, underground, good technical color, mourning and death.
Blue – Considered a business color because it reflects reliability, peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, cold, technology, and depression.
- In China – blue is associated with immortality.
- In Colombia – blue is associated with soap.
- For Hindus blue is the color of Krishna.
- For the Jews, blue symbolizes holiness.
- In the Middle East blue is a protective color.
Green – One of most-often cited favorite colors, Its cool quality soothes, calms and is often worn buy surgeons in operating rooms,it represents nature, environment, health, good luck, renewal, youth, vigor, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience, envy, misfortune.
- In China – green hats mean a man’s wife is cheating on him; and not a good color for packaging.
- In India green is the color of Islam.
- In Ireland green has religious significance (Catholic).
- In some tropical countries green is associated with danger.
Orange – A combination of yellow and red. Orange is considered a warm color like red, but to a lesser extent; orange expresses energy. It has luminous qualities and has been used for attention-getters such as on caution signs. Orange brings up memories of fall leaves, pumpkins and Halloween. It symbolizes balance, warmth, enthusiasm, vibrant, flamboyancy, and is demanding of attention.
- In Ireland orange has religious significance (Protestant).
Purple – Represents royalty, spirituality, nobility, ceremony, mystery, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning. Purple is considered an exotic color. Purple dye was made from the mucous gland of a snail. It required thousands of snails to yield 1 gram of dye causing it to be a color only nobles could afford. Today purple is a trendy color targeting creative types.
Red – It is the warmest and most energetic color in the spectrum. We associate red with love, valentines, danger, desire, speed, strength, violence, anger, emergency exit signs, stop signs and blood.
- Red can evoke a fight-or-flight response
- In China red symbolizes celebration and luck, used in many cultural ceremonies that range from funerals to weddings.
- In India red is the color of purity (used in wedding outfits).
White – It represents reverence, purity, simplicity, cleanliness, peace, humility, precision, innocence, youth, birth, winter, snow, good, sterility, and marriage.
- In Japan, white carnations signify death.
- In eastern cultures white symbolizes coldness and sterility.
Yellow – represents joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, imagination, hope, sunshine, summer, gold, philosophy, dishonesty, cowardice, betrayal, jealousy, covetousness, deceit, illness, hazard, spirituality and inspiration.
- In Asia yellow is sacred, and imperial