- If your selling a product or service, the first thing to do is make it as convenient and easy to order your services or products as it is in any convenience store. Your Home page is the most important part of your site. It should be attractive, simple and easy to maneuver.
- First impressions do apply on the internet, you have you own opinions of websites you have been too, right?
- Make your navigation as simple as possible. Especially if someone finds themselves dropped in the middle of your site they should be able to move around easily.
- Never rely solely on mail to links, email forms are much more effective information collectors, ask a few other questions that can easily be checked that will provide you invaluable information.
- If you sell more than a dozen items a shopping cart is absolutely necessary, and reasonable priced, once you add a store you should immediately consider a SSL (secure Site Layer Certificate), available now for much less than initially sold and set up for!
- Depending on how large you plan to grow your site you may want to consider an internal search option, with this option you will need to make website updates daily with more content and information.
- Once your site is up and working properly, it’s time to advertise and promote it, add your website address to your business cards, letterhead, and in all ads that you run. and announce your site to everyone, everywhere you can!
- Remember that like any project collecting intelligence and information on visitors behavior is almost as important as promoting your site. Use this information to measure the effectiveness of your online advertising and what information seems to get more traffic than others, utilize this information to market different keywords that were missed the first time around. all of these tools for tracking website traffic are generously included in our hosting providers accounts.